Low frame rate of in-cockpit controls animations (and only that) in some modules

default762792

I have found that certain modules - all ED helicopters except the AH-64 and Ka-50, and the Polychop SA342 have in-cockpit control animations (control stick and pedals) that appear to be running at about 20fps, even when everything else - just looking around, gauge needles, the aircraft seen from external views, etc., is running smoothly at 100fps. It almost looks as if they have only half of the animation steps from zero to full deflection.

I have not seen this issue in any of the fixed-wing aircraft to the best of my recollection. I was very excited for the updated FM on the Gazelle but this issue is a real immersion-killer.

I don't believe it's a hardware issue - I have a fairly new VKB Gunfighter base with MCG grip, VKB T-Rudders MK IV, and a Virpil CM-50 throttle that perform flawlessly. Windows 10, 32gb RAM, GTX1080ti, Core i78700k for what it's worth, and I've consistently seen this for a long time in both stable and open beta versions.

I can't remember if, for example, the Mi-24 has always been this way, but the module's not that old and I can't believe I would have put up with it if had been that way since the beginning, but who knows. In any case, I'm trying to determine if its just poor animations in those modules or if I have some sort of hardware or driver conflict that's causing it, and just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I've attached a couple of very brief videos of moving the stick and pedals around in the Apache and Gazelle to illustrate what I'm talking about, but of course I can't be certain after compression, etc., they'll be very helpful. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by default762792