AI Taxi on Runways too much.

Nasder

I just started working on a template for an airbase, Ramon Airbase in this case. I created an AI flight to see where what planes would fit which parking space and how it would taxi.

This is when I noticed that the AI taxi on runways far too much. I am not sure if this is something that is linked to the map itself or just AI logic. I've experienced this on other maps, but where there's no taxiway to the runway they're taking off from.

But I attached an image of how the AI taxi (following the white line) the red lines are where the second plane stops (not exact but indicates a hold) until the first airplane exits the runway its on. The second red line (RW 07L/25R) is where the plane holds until the first plane takes of from 25R. The blue line is the proper taxiway

It crosses 07R continue onto 07L and occupies the runway. Then it exits the runway to loop around to enter 25R for takeoff.

Instead of 2 planes taking off within seconds there are over 4 minutes between the two planes. So if you have a group of 4, that's 12 minutes from the first plane being airborn to the 4'th plane starting the takeoff.

AI-Taxi.jpg

• Like 4

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

3 hours ago, Nasder said:

I just started working on a template for an airbase, Ramon Airbase in this case. I created an AI flight to see where what planes would fit which parking space and how it would taxi.

This is when I noticed that the AI taxi on runways far too much. I am not sure if this is something that is linked to the map itself or just AI logic. I've experienced this on other maps, but where there's no taxiway to the runway they're taking off from.

But I attached an image of how the AI taxi (following the white line) the red lines are where the second plane stops (not exact but indicates a hold) until the first airplane exits the runway its on. The second red line (RW 07L/25R) is where the plane holds until the first plane takes of from 25R. The blue line is the proper taxiway

It crosses 07R continue onto 07L and occupies the runway. Then it exits the runway to loop around to enter 25R for takeoff.

Instead of 2 planes taking off within seconds there are over 4 minutes between the two planes. So if you have a group of 4, that's 12 minutes from the first plane being airborn to the 4'th plane starting the takeoff.

AI-Taxi.jpg

hm.... will check

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...