Mission Editor

Kaktus

I don't know if this is correct part of forum for this but i would like to turn attention to making easier and better way to produce missions for either SP or campaign building on your own.

I miss ability to make a mission let say CAP, where you specify at what zone from the flight path of CAP does bandit need to be to make the CAP go active and hunt him BUT make a condition it happens only if 50 miles from the flight path of CAP AND only if CAP is withing 80 miles of bandit at the moment of this incursion, AND also not use after burner until in no-escape zone more or less-engagement zone for deploying missiles with high pk situation.

basically ALOT of conditions to make CAP make somewhat logical conclusions, is this possible in today mission editor or not?

Search then Engage in Zone works well except that it uses the entire WP path. If this was fixed, we'd have a pretty smart CAP system. I made this request here:

There is also a similar request:

4 hours ago, Kaktus said:

AND also not use after burner until in no-escape zone more or less-engagement zone for deploying missiles with high pk situation.

I'm not sure what the logic for this is. You'd want to use AB long before this. Anyway it is technically possible, but the AB command is a trigger, Making it an option attached to engage tasks would make it easier to use.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

1 hour ago, Exorcet said:

I'm not sure what the logic for this is. 

logic for not using afterburners is to make situation realistic.. in real life especially smart air forces would basically taunt themselves on the no man zone space, basically teasing the other enemy air asset to step over to your sam area.. so, CAP going beserk as soon as enemy comes close is not warranted, only after they are so close that turning and running away does not equal their chances of staying alive.. 

which means you prioritize not going into enemy airspace and especially enemy sams.. well, maybe as AI is progressing this intelligence comes to DCS, right now i feel like a lawyer having to specify not to microwave the cat when you prepare your breakfast..