NOTE: MISSION 13 'LAST PLAY' CANNOT CURRENTLY BE FLOWN IN MT. I.R. BEAM IS NOT VISIBLE DUE TO BUG.

To complete this mission it will need to be flown in the standard version. Currently there is a DCS bug which does not allow you to see the I.R Beam with NVGs  in the Multi Thread Version of DCS. Have reported some time ago. Will update when ED has fixed it.

Update : IR beam is visible in MT but very very faint until bug is fixed. 

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Hispanicgamer said:

Hi Badger,

I can see the IR beam but when I am looking at the convoy am I supposed to choose the brighter vehicles? Like they are being marked by Colt? It's hard picking out the TIGR. Fun mission still!

Hi

No unfortunately you need to go for the currently darker TIGR vehicles.  Apparently they are darker as ED has not completed the Updated IR rendering for all the vehicles. The TIGR being one of the ones not updated yet. I will mention to ED again.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 months later...

I am having trouble locking on to the second TIGR with the IR Mav.  I can destroy the first one fine, and then my second Mav always seems to grab a lightpost on the highway so I tried strafing the TIGR instead (emptied all my rounds across multiple passes), and it seems invulnerable.  Is the mission set up so that you have to destroy it with a Mavrick?

On 10/20/2023 at 2:08 AM, FPS_Sage said:

I am having trouble locking on to the second TIGR with the IR Mav.  I can destroy the first one fine, and then my second Mav always seems to grab a lightpost on the highway so I tried strafing the TIGR instead (emptied all my rounds across multiple passes), and it seems invulnerable.  Is the mission set up so that you have to destroy it with a Mavrick?

Hi, no the vehicle is not invulnerable. It is just very difficult to get rounds on a lone moving vehicle. Yes the light posts are an issue. You need to approach along the road line. I have done a guide video for this problem. Go to my Badger633 u tube channel and pick out the mission 13 video.

Hope this helps.