Winwing Orion 2 throttle and backlight sync to DCS, which binding?

I think I've tried them all, but maybe not... does anyone else know which binding (if there is one) for the F-15E controls the HOTAS brightness (like every other module has)?

(and yes, I'm aware that I can set it via the Winwing software separately, which is what I will do if there's no other solution, I prefer it synced to DCS though if possible)

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

I am having the same issue.  I have the Panel LTS knob bound to the console lights knob in the sim, as I do with all my other modules.  Turning the knob on the throttle base rotates the correct knob and work the lights in the cockpit but doesn't have any effect on the throttle base lights.  Works fine with all my other sim modules so it's something just with the F-15E module.  Was hoping the latest SimApp Pro updates would correct it but it might be on DCS side somehow.

• Like 1

I found this on the Winwing support site, but I was not able to confidently edit the LUA file as suggested (doesn't help that much of it is in Chinese, although it's likely to be the same in both languages I suppose)... 

Anyone else tried this? Or can paste the working section here to cutNpaste into our existing file?

image.png

Edited by Despayre
Go away "null". :)

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

I think you are on to something.  There is no F15E strike eagle entry that configuration file on my computer.  We would need to know which of the existing profiles would work for the F15E to copy and alter or create one from scratch, not something I am capable of without substantial guidance. 

I would think that with the F15E gear that WinWing is releasing that this minor step would have been completed prior to release of the module or in one of the recent SimAppPro updates.

1 hour ago, ReapDaddy said:

I think you are on to something.  There is no F15E strike eagle entry that configuration file on my computer.  We would need to know which of the existing profiles would work for the F15E to copy and alter or create one from scratch, not something I am capable of without substantial guidance. 

I would think that with the F15E gear that WinWing is releasing that this minor step would have been completed prior to release of the module or in one of the recent SimAppPro updates.

Ya, I got to the same place with it... looked at it... stared at it... looked at that file some more... decided "Ya, I'm gonna break something if I touch this..." and that's where I stopped. 🙂

Hopefully, we get another update soon that fixes the issue for us... was trying to find a similarity with buttons on some other plane I fly, and thinking I could cutNpaste and change the plane name... but I suspect that's not quite that simple...*shrug*  fingers crossed some wizard comes along that has the requisite skills, while we wait for Winwing to update. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 11:55 AM, Despayre said:

Ya, I got to the same place with it... looked at it... stared at it... looked at that file some more... decided "Ya, I'm gonna break something if I touch this..." and that's where I stopped. 🙂

Hopefully, we get another update soon that fixes the issue for us... was trying to find a similarity with buttons on some other plane I fly, and thinking I could cutNpaste and change the plane name... but I suspect that's not quite that simple...*shrug*  fingers crossed some wizard comes along that has the requisite skills, while we wait for Winwing to update. 🙂

10 days in and no joy on additional info.  Been a few updates to both SimAppPro and DCS but still not working in F-15E and now I think my F-16 binds are doing the same thing.  Still other planes work fine (FA18, AV8A, F14, Etc.)  It not critical but I really like the DCS sync with the console lights.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, AstroEma said:

@ReapDaddy I am having the same issue but the only aircraft that has worked for me is the F18. No other aircraft works. Can you please share your file with me? 

Never got it solved. AFAIK, it still doesn't work on the 15. It does work just fine on the 14 though, and I have the 18 but never fly it, so I'll take your word for that. 🙂

1 hour ago, Despayre said:

Never got it solved. AFAIK, it still doesn't work on the 15. It does work just fine on the 14 though, and I have the 18 but never fly it, so I'll take your word for that. 🙂

So if you chnage the console lights in the F14 your PTR and PTO react with backlight changes as well? It never works for me and I fly the F14 a lot. 

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1