VKB HOTAS, Phase One

AeroGator

4 hours ago, ChrisKermit said:

Did you connect it to the STEM or does it need a separate USB connection?

No separate USB controller required, it connects to the front of the STECS and all the bindings appear as part of the STECS throttle in DCS.

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

vor 21 Stunden schrieb AlpineGTA:

No separate USB controller required, it connects to the front of the STECS and all the bindings appear as part of the STECS throttle in DCS.

Thx for the clarification! I'll go with the same configuration as soon as the units are available in Europe!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CmdrMoros said:

Hi. I purchased the STECS standard and also the ATEM. I cannot figure out how to install this to a standard throttle. I cannot find any information on the VKB site or the web. Are these two items not compatible? Thank you.

I think the ATEM is only designed to connect to the throttle base in place of where the STEM module is already connected on the standard, such as you can see on the STECS mini plus. If you want both the ATEM and the STEM connected then you need to set it up like the STECS Max with the STEM mounted to a multi function holder. Surely it would have been better to have just bought the STECS Max? 

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Yes, I see what you mean. Being able to have the ATEM plugged onto the back of the standard would have been a cool option. Maybe making another module that combines the ATEM and the STEM is something for VKB to consider.