APKWS fail to track

Pyrocumulous

I am experiencing that APKWS rockets will sometimes fail to track, which seems to happen after several rockets have been launched successfully, and then all subsequent rockets will fail to track. Attached is a track of this occurring. I have additional tracks showing the same thing if that is useful. Launching of rockets begins at 05:20.The TPOD worked to guide in 6 LJDAMs and then continued to work for the first rocket, before something stopped working. I tried cycling TPOD through standby, changing code and resetting, as well as using D&M or EYES mode. None of which remedied the problem. The track is flown with 1688 set as the APKWS code, but I had the same issue yesterday with 1777 code. It's almost like the APKWS code is changing mid-flight, but if it did, it was not indicated on the in-flight kneeboard.

DCS 2.8.6.41363 Open Beta in MT mode with OpenXR

Pilot error is always a possibility!

(note: looking back, I have not noticed this behavior when I wasn't using GBU-54 LJDAMs; however, LJDAMS and APKWS are my favorite weapons in the AV-8B so it doesn't mean all that much)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W54Zv5uXF02Qe40xVi9kZyBgAvDICJM5?usp=sharing

DCS World_20230720_185329_R.png

Edited by Pyrocumulous
add DCS version number

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

Upon further experimentation, I think the issue is low air speed at launch. Not sure if that's correct behavior or not, but it seems that the rockets do not track if fired below some air speed regardless of dive angle. Not sure what that air speed is, since I'm always in A/G mode, but it feels like it's somewhere around 300 knots.

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 3:33 AM, AlphaJuliet said:

Just tested it, had no issues whatever the speed of launch, would you have a track ?

There's a track linked in the first post. I didn't conclusively link it to airspeed, but it did appear to resolve the issue.