VR Benchmarks?

MichaelJWP15

Having just upgraded rig and headset recently, wanted to compare these and also against other setups.

Anyone know any good benchmarks for VR I could use that have listed results online? Particularly something relevant to DCS?

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

Unfortunately, there is no ''standardized" benchmark for DCS.  And the infinite possible hardware combination out there makes it very difficult to compare, not to mention all possible combination of airframe/terrain/mission type and settings you can use to bechmark.

I suggest you set yourself a couple of tracks and create list of results and go from there.  The best and most meaningful comparison is againt your own baseline.  This will be usefull to see performance and quality effects cause by settings/software/hardware changes.  

You can also always search the forum for "similar systems' performance, most of us do post them time to time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

Echoing above, this is mine.

Make a "baseline" for comparison. I make a track, run it through.

For testing, change one setting/version at a time, run like an A/B test.

Example:

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.