[NO BUG] HF8 Pad Issue after F-14 Shutdown!

Swiss-Sim

Hello there, I have a strange issue with the Next Level Racing Haptic Feedback System HF8. 

When I land the F-14 and turn the engines OFF, the HF8 start vibrating as hell, even if the engines are down. When the Engines are on, works fine, only when I shut down the two engines, it activates the vibration, and it does not stop. Then I looked in my HF8 Profile, what kind of vibrations has been activated. And it is the STALL, but when i land and shut down the engines, there is no stall, LOL. When I deactivate completely STALL, then the vibration is gone.

I have no idea, where i should report this, to you guys ED/Heatblur or to the HF8 guys...

Thanks 😉

Screenshot 2023-08-14 014014.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silhou said:

Hey @Swiss-Sim! Thank you for contacting us. We would kindly ask you to forward your problem to the HF8 directly. They will likely be able to help you with the issue 🙂 

Hello Silhou, that's the answer I wanted to hear, because i was not sure where i should address my issue. Thats fine, thank you 😉

• Like 1

• Silhou changed the title to [NO BUG] HF8 Pad Issue after F-14 Shutdown!
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys again,

from the support i did not receive any answer, since then, i thought, i will investigate this issue by myself, and it may be a bug.

When i land with the F-14 sometimes the AOA goes to max 30 AOA and stay there. I sometimes noticed after landing, the AOA turns again to normal (as it should). And now i understand, why the HF8 Pad vibrates crazy after landing if STALL is activated. 

Now my question: After Landing, the AOA Indexer should go back, right? If yes then we have here a bug.

Screen_230827_020851.png

• Like 1

We have no way to control when/how this HF8 thing determines there is a stall condition, contact them as it's an issue on their end. AOA can change wildly at low speed depending on wind speed and direction. If their stall condition logic to trigger vibrations was smart, it would also account for airspeed. This is not a bug on our end.

• Like 1

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

2 hours ago, fat creason said:

We have no way to control when/how this HF8 thing determines there is a stall condition, contact them as it's an issue on their end. AOA can change wildly at low speed depending on wind speed and direction. If their stall condition logic to trigger vibrations was smart, it would also account for airspeed. This is not a bug on our end.

Yes, but as you can see in my picture, i am not flying. I also tried it on normal runway. Why sometimes it shows 30 Units AOA if i am not flying? Maybe you misunderstood me this time. How the HF8 Pad guys can fix this issue? The HF8 simply reacts to the AOA Indexer, so the question is, why the F-14 sometimes shows on the ground 30 Units AOA? I am not an engineer, but according to my logical understanding, when an aircraft is on the ground, the AOA should not show max 30 Units, or i am wrong?

You don't have to fix that, I can live with this issue, I simply deactivate the stall setting on my HF8 Pad. But this may be a bug on your product. Maybe you should check this issue, Start from somewhere and then land and check the AOA indexer. This doesn't happen every time, but it happen often, like the last time on the deck.

That's it from my side. Thank you

Edited by Swiss-Sim
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 3:28 PM, Swiss-Sim said:

The HF8 simply reacts to the AOA Indexer

Yeah this is the actual bug in this situation. HF8 needs to improve their vibration/buffet logic to consider AOA and airspeed. Just because your AOA is above 30 units doesn't mean you're stalling, you also have to be flying. Can't have buffeting due to AOA if there's no air flowing over the wings.

Angle of attack can be anywhere from +180 to -180 deg, the sensor on the jet only goes from like -5 deg to 25 deg, so any time AOA exceeds this value it will be off-scale high in the cockpit. If you're on the ground with a direct tailwind, AOA will be 180 deg. There is nothing wrong with the indicator.

Edited by fat creason
  • Like 1

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

fat creason O.K i got you. But can this happen in a real F-14? Just asking, because this is interesting. HeatBlur made this Module so real, that all other programs can't catch it.

Btw: i was looking some older F-14 YT Videos and found one, he is a retired F-14 Pilot (not RIO) and he shows some Video from his time. I read some comments, one guy asked, how good is the DCS F-14, and this guy answered him, Quote from the comment: "I do fly DCS--the F-14 is incredibly true to life! Don't feel bad--it's very tough to land on the boat even in the best of circumstances"