Repair grimes cockpit utility light

crash test pilot

Hi! I managed to to aquire an original grimes cockpit utility light. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZSVYSzH Sadly there seems to be a bad connection somewhere in there. I fail to open it to have a look and all i found online are manuals to purchase. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to open this little gem in a non-destructive way to get it fully working again? I can take out the lens and the bulb, and the little screws at the back - the dimmer unit the rotates freely but does not come out. The screws at the pivot do not come out sadly. Thanks!

Working-has-bad-connection-there-I-have-shake-to-make-shine-New-Toy

I can tell you they're not used on Airbus A319, A320 or A321 - I have limited access to manuals for those and their components.  ATA 33-12-33 isn't available from my source.

It's not available from the Aircorps Library either - The light is too new for that. 🤣

BTW, no data plate means it was probably determined to be BER/scrap.  When that happens, the part number and serial number are destroyed so the unit can't be fitted as certified.  One easy way to do this is remove and discard the data plate.  I'm guessing the intermittent wiring is the reason it was removed as U/S and "scrapped".

Aaand it's possible the mount bracket screws going into the cylinder might hold the internal parts in. I'm not sure, though.

Edited by No1sonuk