Help with Axis Tuning logitech rudder pedals

BrianTheBrain

I've got the "G Flight" Logitech pedals, and love them for what I paid for them. I need help with axis tuning toe brakes, however. Inside of the control editor in DCS, they never register a "negative value", which means that the second i start using them, they jump immediately to 50 percent usage. Ive tried messing with curve and saturation settings, but i can't seem to figure out how to unsaturate only the side of the graph that I need. Anyone with these pedals have this issue too? i tried using the official logitech app to see settings there, but that app seems entirely useless. In the attached image i show the pedals at "zero percent usage" however, the second i touch them, they jump to the half way point.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 161512.png

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

I have the exact same pedals, and I don't have that issue. They start off at negative 100, and when I push on either, they slide up to zero, and then keep going to positive 100. I have no changes to the default settings, am not using curves or anything else, my axis tune looks completely vanilla. I've noticed a lot of planes have 2 sets of wheel brake options, one's for an axis, one isn't. You're using the setup under "Axis Commands" for this, ya?

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Despayre said:

They start off at negative 100, and when I push on either, they slide up to zero, and then keep going to positive 100.

Mine is exactly the same, but i needed the "inverted" axis tune on every plane. yes, 100 percent sure this is in the axis commands menu. its just that, in the actual game, and in every plane, this correlates to every set of individual toe brakes jumping to 50 percent when there is any movement

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

8 hours ago, BrianTheBrain said:

its just that, in the actual game, and in every plane, this correlates to every set of individual toe brakes jumping to 50 percent when there is any movement

There are some planes I have to invert, and some I don't, but this sounds like it might actually be a physical controller issue. Have you checked with Windows calibration to make sure that the pedals do actually send the correct input, and that it has nothing to do with the game itself? Also, what plane are you using to set them up? (I checked on the F-15SE)

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Mine is exactly the same, but i needed the "inverted" axis tune on every plane. yes, 100 percent sure this is in the axis commands menu. its just that, in the actual game, and in every plane, this correlates to every set of individual toe brakes jumping to 50 percent when there is any movement
You need to set every axis in DCS that don't have a centre as sliders. Like toe brakes, throttles, collectives etc.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Despayre said:

There are some planes I have to invert, and some I don't, but this sounds like it might actually be a physical controller issue. Have you checked with Windows calibration to make sure that the pedals do actually send the correct input, and that it has nothing to do with the game itself? Also, what plane are you using to set them up? (I checked on the F-15SE)

I was using any random given plane with toe brakes. A4, P51, f14. Windows does indeed give a correct value in the game pad settings, and I can see it fluidly go from 0 to 100 with no sort of jumps

11 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You need to set every axis in DCS that don't have a centre as sliders. Like toe brakes, throttles, collectives etc.

I will try this, thank you.

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

https://streamable.com/kgherj

heres a link to a video in the F14. the brakes are a little small in the control diagram but you can still see that im never able to get the brakes under basically exactly 50 percent (as well as the animation in the cockpit), with or without slider mode. a windows gamepad settings clip at the end to show that windows does indeed see its full range of motion.

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

44 minutes ago, BrianTheBrain said:

https://streamable.com/kgherj

heres a link to a video in the F14. the brakes are a little small in the control diagram but you can still see that im never able to get the brakes under basically exactly 50 percent (as well as the animation in the cockpit), with or without slider mode. a windows gamepad settings clip at the end to show that windows does indeed see its full range of motion.

Yes, it was easy to see. Actually, the controls indicator shows that you can't get them passed 50%. But you do in the Controls Setting setup. You sure you don't have any axis conflicts? Can you tape what happens when you completely press the pedal in the axis tune panel?
You could try to reset the whole column for your pedals and map them again.

7 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, it was easy to see. Actually, the controls indicator shows that you can't get them passed 50%. But you do in the Controls Setting setup. You sure you don't have any axis conflicts? Can you tape what happens when you completely press the pedal in the axis tune panel?
You could try to reset the whole column for your pedals and map them again.

Im confused, it seems to me that I can easily see them get to 100 percent (atleast on the controls in thr cockpit.

Regardless, I will try again. Should I debind the "non axis" wheel brakes too?

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

Im confused, it seems to me that I can easily see them get to 100 percent (atleast on the controls in thr cockpit.
Regardless, I will try again. Should I debind the "non axis" wheel brakes too?
Now you confused me!
In your video, it seems the brakes only reach 50%?

51 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Now you confused me! emoji16.png
In your video, it seems the brakes only reach 50%?

In the "control+enter" visual, you can see that the bar jumps up halfway (what I circled with the cursor) to 50 percent, then smoothly to 100. Am I reading this wrong?

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂

In the "control+enter" visual, you can see that the bar jumps up halfway (what I circled with the cursor) to 50 percent, then smoothly to 100. Am I reading this wrong?
Aha! I'll re-watch it. To me it seemed to stagnate at 50%.
Quick question. When you look at in the controls settings, it's smooth? But in the controls indicator it jumps?

29 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Aha! I'll re-watch it. To me it seemed to stagnate at 50%.
Quick question. When you look at in the controls settings, it's smooth? But in the controls indicator it jumps?

No. It jumps in the control settings as well (visually you can see this as deflection all the way to one side, then jumping to the middle and going the other way)

Project Lancaster Dev 🙂