A-10C bindings for the Orion 1 Throttle

CrimsonGhost

Hello all. About a year or so ago my beloved TM Warthog throttle died and I replaced it with the Orion 1 stick and throttle. Ever since then the throttle has been great for everything except my favorite aircraft, the upgraded A-10C. I have not been able to find a binding solution for the China Hat and the Boat Switch that I can comfortably use. I do use the top hat switch on the right throttle for coms and SRS and prefer to keep bindings the same (as much as possible) across all modules. 

With that out of the way, does anyone have a decent throttle binding set for the Orion 1 that they would be willing to share? I don’t need anything for the stick as I use a Virpil WarBRD base and swap between the TM Hornet stick and the TM A10/F16 stick depending on what I am flying, but mainly use the Hornet stick. Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to get proficient in the Hawg again but have not been able to. Thanks all. 

Edit- I have been looking at the new F-15 grips as those would give me the buttons I am looking for but am not in a position to be able to pickup the Orion 2 with those grips. And using the grips on the Orion 1 really limits their use. 

Edited by CrimsonGhost
More Info

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

On 9/9/2023 at 6:51 PM, CrimsonGhost said:

I have not been able to find a binding solution for the China Hat and the Boat Switch that I can comfortably use

I simply mapped them to the other 5way hat. Forward and aft for the china hat, and up, push, down for the boat switch.

Coolie hat I split between antenna slider and the two buttons on the left throttle. Sounds weird, but it worked out pretty well.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On 9/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, some1 said:

I simply mapped them to the other 5way hat. Forward and aft for the china hat, and up, push, down for the boat switch.

Coolie hat I split between antenna slider and the two buttons on the left throttle. Sounds weird, but it worked out pretty well.

Sorry for the late reply. Are you referring to the hat switch on the throttle or stick? I use the one on the throttle for SRS and comms and have that bound the same across all modules as that makes it simpler as I own every DCS module. For the stick I swap out my TM Hornet grip back to the TM warthog grip when flying the A-10 or F-16. Thanks for your input.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

The Hornet throttle has two 5 way hats. You can use one for comms, and the other one for the rest of the stuff.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On 9/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, some1 said:

The Hornet throttle has two 5 way hats. You can use one for comms, and the other one for the rest of the stuff.

I am ashamed to admit that I never realized there was a push action on the hat switch you mentioned. 😂 I did switch the radar elevation control to button mode in the WinWing software and tried to use that as suggested but for some reason it always returns to the up position in DCS instead of centering like it should, and shows it’s doing in SimAppPro. I’m just using the keyboard commands for the Coolie Hat and will see how that goes. Thanks for your help in this as it has helped me get everything mapped. It is much appreciated. 

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme