"Embarking troops" action doesn't really move troops until the heli is on the disembarking zone.

Gausser Yyormes

This is what happens: when troops embark on a helicopter, you can see the troops disappear as they start boarding the vehicle. But in reality they stay there until the helicopter reaches its destination. The troops "disembark" by teleporting.

I made a mission to reproduce this issue. I made a repetitive trigger that tells if the soldier group is on the pick-up area and it shows that they only disappear after the heli disembarks the troops on destination.

I discovered this bug by accident, as I needed to check if troops embarked to set up a flag, the "Group out of zone" condition was never fulfilled.

Embark bug - embarking troops remain in the picking point-.miz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be more a "working as intended" than a bug (ya, it's not perfect but I can see why ED might have gone that route due to the complexity of tracking the "moving" embarked troops separately to the helo), but thanks for pointing it out.  I made note of this in my mission editor notes in case I attempt to do something similar sometime.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're right. I observed this a long time ago.

Interaction with infantry still needs a lot of work. It is not given priority because it is a component of the game itself rather than a specific module for sale. But if one day they want to present a decent Vietnam, the functioning of the infantry and their interaction must be correct. Launching missions in which infantry plays a key role has become a headache. However, this is not a criticism since I long ago understood that Eagle Dynamics is a small team with a huge workload. It would be nice if they showed something more about the progress of the new infantry.

• Like 1