Cant click on 3/4 of my screen with SimApp running

weasel1088

If SimApp is running, the bottom 3/4 of my screen basically becomes non responsive. I am only able to click on the upper 1/4 of my screen. Cant click anything in SimApp or anything on my desktop while SimApp is running. If I close it, everything goes back to normal. Any one experienced anything like this?

Removed and re-installed SimApp, no change. This is on windows 11 which was recently upgraded from windows 10 which had no issues.

EDIT: seems to only happen when I go into the MFD display subpage of SimApp. So something is going on related to those settings or the MFD screens...

Edited by weasel1088

Need more info. What WW products are you using, extra screens and size etc???

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

On 10/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, MustangSally said:

Need more info. What WW products are you using, extra screens and size etc???

lol…almost all their stuff. One main monitor and their MIP with 3 mfd’s. Super Taurus. Super libra. Orion stick. Take off and combat pane. 

I cannot click the lower 3/4 of ANY of the monitors (my main or the mfd’s which are functioning like a normal extended screen in windows. 

when I kill simapp pro everything goes back to normal immediately. When I open simapp it is ok until I click on the mfd setup page then basically 3/4 of my screen is non clickable. Affects all screens and all apps, can’t click the start bar or any icons on my desktop that are below an “invisible line” somewhere around the top 1/4 of each screen. 

Your arrangement in Windows must match Simappro and must be set to portrait. Can you provide some screen shot of the setup in both?

Edited by MustangSally

On 10/20/2023 at 8:27 PM, MustangSally said:

Your arrangement in Windows must match Simappro and must be set to portrait. Can you provide some screen shot of the setup in both?

yea, I know how to set it up  it was working fine for 6 months on windows 10. Upgraded to windows 11 and it was totally screwed up. I quite literally cannot click on the mfd setup options within simapp pro.

I appreciate your help, I just said screw it and downgraded back to windows 10, and everything works.

• 1 month later...

yes i am having the same problem, im not sure but i do not believe SimApp Pro is compatible with windows 11. i cant roll back the update to try and fix the problem. i just got my MIP TOP GUN set a little over a week ago, set it up. no problems. Windows update and i cant it work after starting up Sim App Pro, its crashing Windows.

Have you followed the instructions in the manual?