Turning off boundary beep on mfssb stick?

F19_CoNa

Just got a ww orion2 mfssb F16 ex stick that I cannot turn off the boundary beeps on. It does not matter if I set it to off in the config it still beeps. I can turn off the vibration, and it beep when i test the beep signal.

Have tried setting to off and shut down the app, it does not help either.

Anyone have any ideas as it’s getting on my nerves with the beeps.

Read the manual?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, F19_CoNa said:

Just got a ww orion2 mfssb F16 ex stick that I cannot turn off the boundary beeps on. It does not matter if I set it to off in the config it still beeps. I can turn off the vibration, and it beep when i test the beep signal.

Have tried setting to off and shut down the app, it does not help either.

Anyone have any ideas as it’s getting on my nerves with the beeps.

I have the same issue with mine. No firmware version since getting it and no app version going back to 1.6 has made the beep setting in SimAppPro actually work and turn that beep off. I've tried different cables and different USB ports.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:06 PM, MustangSally said:

Read the manual?

I've read the manual(s) on WW's website as well as the one near the top of this forum, and none of the relevant manuals seem to even mention the beep setting. If you have an idea what manual this might be in, I'd be happy to concede that I didn't read that manual.

Edited by Zectivi
typo on 'forum'

2 hours ago, Zectivi said:

I have the same issue with mine. No firmware version since getting it and no app version going back to 1.6 has made the beep setting in SimAppPro actually work and turn that beep off. I've tried different cables and different USB ports.

I've read the manual(s) on WW's website as well as the one near the top of this forum, and none of the relevant manuals seem to even mention the beep setting. If you have an idea what manual this might be in, I'd be happy to concede that I didn't read that manual.

I only ask 'have you read the manual' as most don't. If you have and can't find a fix for the problem, then log a ticket with Winwings customer support. Including a video will also help on finding a solution.

I can't help as I don't own an MFSSB

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Issue has already been resolved for me. I did contact ww and they advised that you cannot turn off the beeps. Its there to protect the stick from overload.

As I advised they should then remove the option to turn it off, or put a note that the feature is disabeled to protect from force overload

I still think they should have it possible to disable the beep, as most of us fly with headphones and will not hear it anyway. It’s just the ones around us that get annoyed. They agreed that they would look into that for next software release. The solution is quite easy to resolve.  Set the forces lower. If you have it at 50% or higher, you will  to pull harder to get it to turn, thus getting into the ”beep range”  I have it at 25% and 10% see picture. It suddenly makes sense when you fly.

IMG_7519.png

Edited by F19_CoNa
  • Thanks 1