Stick extension + paddle?

Phantom711

Hey...

This subforum is pretty calm compared to others where people usually get pretty excited when there is any hint, that a new product from the respective company might drop. Well I got excited when I checked the  realsimulator website today. Don`t know how long tat picture had been up there already, but what you people think?:

Is that extension + paddle something that will be released some time soon? Is it even aimed at the regular consumer market? I would be interested and just find it kind of odd, that there is absolutely no commentary on that product on the website.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

• 2 months later...

Yeah…I definitely see your point. Thing is, originally I opted for the TM F/A-18 stick because I simply didn‘t like the fact, that the RS stick doesn‘t have a paddle. I now got the RS F/A-18 stick though (a used v1 also) , because I just couldn‘t resist anymore. I use one of the additional buttons of the NWS button as paddle.

I am contemplating building my own paddle by 3D printing now. Something relatively simple, similar to the one on the TM stick. My idea is to just solder it to the NWS down function and simply hijack that signal.

I mean the RS extension/paddle is really nice and I would be willing to pay, but it would require some more rearrangements on my desk-pot, that I am currently not willing to make (my seat doesn‘t have a cutout for an extended stick).

• Like 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png