Beyerdynamics "robotic donald sound"

SantaKing

I have a Beyerdynamics MMX 300 headset, and when i speak i sound like a robotic donald duck. Mic is perfectly fine on Discord, teamspeac, SRS etc. The headset comes with a USB dongle that i connect the mic to, sound is the same directly connected with the minijack or through the USB dongle.

When i've switched to my wife's Steelseries Arctis 7 headset, the voice chat works fine. And i sound as expected when i hit the test button like in the video.

I'm hoping this will be sorted in the feature, with some ED magic. Never had any issue with Beyerdynamic products before.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with logitech g pro x which have dedicated sound card, where there are no issues with old totally analog headset. Few patches ago it was fine in game when voice chat was working(while the mic test return those popping noises). Dunno what about now. Anyway I found a workaround, but for nv gpu users, coz it includes using nvidia broadcast to pass audio through that, w/o any effects fixes the problem. If theres a mac app similar that can do that u might try it:)