AI F-15E Suite 4+ unable to bomb

cailean_556

Situation: AI F-15E Suite 4+, with task 'Pinpoint Strike', tasked with destroying a powerplant (Workshop A) using 2x GBU-24s. AI is set to 'Bombing', attack decisions override is 'on'. 3rd waypoint is the 'attack' - alt is set to 20,000 ft. There are ZU-23s guarding the target - however at 20,000 ft that should be a non-issue.

AI disregards 'bombing' (but also disregards 'attack map object') and proceed to WP4 and beyond, landing back at the airbase without dropping ordnance.

This was tested (exact same parameters) with GBU-24, GBU-10 and Mk-84 2000lb bombs - on each occasion, the AI S4+ did not engage its intended target and RTB'd.

When that aircraft was changed to the ED F-15E (which required that I create a loadout that utilised GBU-27s, as the ED F-15E does not have GBU-24s) and the mission was run, the ED F-15E engaged the target as expected, within the parameters set for it.

Note: Attached is the mission I am using - it's a WIP mission that I can use to flight-test and do basic combat missions in for any aircraft I own. 

00_BASIC MISSION PROFILE v2023.miz

Edited by cailean_556

10 hours ago, SloppyDog said:

I was having the same problem. What solved for me was to specify to the type of bomb, instead of using AUTO. 

Mission is attached. I didn't test it after 2.9, so maybe it does not work as advertised.

Wingman Attack Command TEST.miz 44.37 kB · 2 downloads Wingman Attack Test.miz 55.92 kB · 3 downloads

Yeah, that didn't work either. I've set them to 'Guided Bombs' and it did nothing. The ED F-15E (the AI one with the Sniper pod) works fine, so I've resorted to using that one for now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

IMG_3147.png

So this has been a thing since June? I had to go back through the change logs that far to find it "officially"... No wonder I couldn't find anything in the more recent change logs... It's been present since June and is either reoccurring or *still* occurring. Awesome...

Oh well, ED's F-15E will do the job for now. Thanks.