Map buildings destruction trigger

edudix

Hi, 

Can we destroy the map buildings? I believe yes, but how do I set off the trigger when the buildings are destroyed? I mean I can with static objects, but how we do it with the map buildings it self? The integrated that the maps brings.

Br 

If you want to blow up a building. put down a trigger zone centered over the building that you want to demolish, and when the conditions are right, use the action EXPLOSION with the trigger zone centered over the building. Use a power volume of 9000 to start with, then decrease power until you get a good result without leveling the surrounding block.

Now, if you want a trigger to fire when a scenery object is destroyed, that can't be done without some outside help. DML's 'object destruct detector' can do that for you. There are other methods from other sources as well.

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

If you want to blow up a building. put down a trigger zone centered over the building that you want to demolish, and when the conditions are right, use the action EXPLOSION with the trigger zone centered over the building. Use a power volume of 9000 to start with, then decrease power until you get a good result without leveling the surrounding block.

Now, if you want a trigger to fire when a scenery object is destroyed, that can't be done without some outside help. DML's 'object destruct detector' can do that for you. There are other methods from other sources as well.

Thanks man! I´ll check it out.

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

I was also doing it by putting a unit over the building (infantry or so), I don´t know if that makes sense to you. The problem on that is the message on the right you receive when you kill it, not much real. I dont know if this message can be hidden.

• 2 weeks later...