Paper analyzing a Patriot PAC-2 ‘s probability of intercepting a Kh-47 M2 Kinzhal missile

Pilum

The paper linked below analyses the performance of the Kh-47 M2 Kinzhal, and how likely it is that this type of missile can be intercepted by air defenses. However, in order to keep this post free of information that could be construed to be politically sensitive, the linked paper has been redacted so that only the parts focused on the technical analysis remain.

I did this paper because there have been so many rumors regarding the actual performance of this missile, not in the least in this forum, where there have also been some simulation scenarios posted which in some cases in my opinion have been overly optimistic about the Kinzhal’s capabilities.

Link to page with the paper in pdf format. On my homepage I also have a page with a description of the simulation model used.

Note that I in no way claim this paper to be the gospel truth, and this is just my assessment based on my simulations and the assumptions I outline in the paper.

Consequently,  I would welcome any constructive input on it. However, please remember to keep it all related to the technical aspects in order to comply with forum rules.

Front page of paper:

Kinzhal performance paper front page 231107.jpg

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge