Trim causes all controls to feeeze

Go to solution Solved by Tomcat388th,

Hi all,

Encountered a strange problem today, which hasn't been there before- use of trim causes all control inputs to freeze for a few seconds, sometimes up to around 5 secs. Happens in all the modules I have. I have searched through the control settings to check for any double assignments, all is good, it happens if you use either keyboard or any assigned buttons on joystick etc.

Seems to be related to the trim command rather than the assigned buttons...

It's making the game rather unplayable...

Any suggestions?

Regards

Les

AMD Radeon GPU

AMD CPU

Quest 2 headset

32g ram

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this one- I have the same issue back again, 

Controls locking / freezing, not only related to using trim but randomly..

Mb339 and F1 modules are affected, strangely the harrier is fine which is weird.

During a freeze, no Input works, even pressing esc to bring up the menu doesn't work. 

Aircraft are fine on the ground and taxiing- as soon as the speed rises on the takeoff roll,the problem starts...

Starting in the air, produces the problem immediately.

Tried wiping all control assignments and remapping, updating everyone, nothing works!

Any ideas?

Radeon anti lag is still off so I don't think that was the problem originally

Regards

Les

• Solution

I had a similar problem found out windows was putting my usb ports to sleep when flying in DCS. Only happened with DCS any other game worked fine.  Go into device manager and under the properties for each of your usb ports/hubs tell windows not to put them to sleep or something like that. Should be able to find it in a google search 

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

Thanks pal! That worked- it had been working fine before so I guess windows was being "helpful" and changed some of the usb port settings and caused an interference 

Many thanks.....one problem solved, 

Your welcome

J

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8