Another topic foc DCS crashes

Hello friends,

I am just adding my log because i tried for so long to understand why the game crashes. Maybe i am blind, maybe this topic was discussed previous but i did not manage to find something similar. I hope that you guys who have the knowledge or have been thourgh something similar can help out.

Please check the file, usually it crashes when loading right after you jump in the vehicle, or when opening closing the map, just doing something in game, rarely it crashes when just flying.

Also, i have noticed that lately when i spawn a vehicle or load up the game the textures take ages or load veery slow.

Let me know please.

dcs.log dcs.log-20231120-205529.zip

Edited by Nomak

There are a few things that I would pay attention to:

1:   C:\   5GB free space    -- you must act, your OS will stop responding all over pretty soon, not only in DCS.

2:  I am not sure what that Memory config in Dxdiag means with this:  

Display Memory: 16153 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 8002 MB
   Shared Memory: 8151 MB

If that pulls 8GB from System RAM away then that is not good with 16GB total RAM. But I could be totally wrong with this.

What I am certainly not wrong with is your C drive. You gotta clear it out, move data or move to a bigger drive !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I do not know what it means also.... I have not dedicated any memory to anything. What do you think it could be? I have memory page files i think its called. 

Ps. Just checked that dedicated memory is for the Video card memory and shared memory is what it takes from the system RAM

Edited by Nomak

Well, then, that's not good because you will force DCS to it's knees if you take some 8GB away from the already minimum capacity of 16GB total system RAM.

Change that setting to it's smallest setting or even 0. With 1080p your onboard 8GB are enough.

Have you fixed the C-drive issue ? With 5GB free space, you are bound to crash hard pretty soon.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

17 hours ago, BitMaster said:

Well, then, that's not good because you will force DCS to it's knees if you take some 8GB away from the already minimum capacity of 16GB total system RAM.

Change that setting to it's smallest setting or even 0. With 1080p your onboard 8GB are enough.

Have you fixed the C-drive issue ? With 5GB free space, you are bound to crash hard pretty soon.

I do not know but in drive C i have just basically some programs and save game folders. The entire drive is 100gb so i do not know how it is so low on space, i do not know what to remove.

As for the VideoCard memory i also do not think i can change or do something about it. I just read on the internet what dedicated memory is, and i guess this is the video card  memory.

You will need to either move C to a bigger drive or delete some apps and/or files. You may need someone to help you to do that, I don't know but it needs to be done ASAP.

There could be a Bios setting to control shared VRAM or a setting in Nvidia control panel for Max-Q series / Laptop. YOu should be able to google that.

Either way, C drive is imminent to fail, act now.