Multiple Binding Errors and Bugs

MavOne96

Hello,

I have stumbled upon multiple bugs when trying to assign these controls for the pilot:

• Radar antenna elevation axis doesn't work as it should: the radar goes fully up or fully down if the axis passes its middle point up or down.  For ex If I set my axis to 75% the radar goes up and it doesn't stop until it's reaches its maximum limit. The Control should rotate freely, it shouldn't be necessary for it to spring back to center in order to stop the radar to move. The radar should move and stop following the axis.

image.png

• Nav FLIR Gain and Nav FLIR Level can't be bound at all. They only work with mouse.
  • Tail Flood Lights OFF/DIM/BRT cycle can't be bound at all. They also work only with mouse.

Thank you,

MavOne

1 hour ago, MavOne96 said:

Hello,

I have stumbled upon multiple bugs when trying to assign these controls for the pilot:

• Radar antenna elevation axis doesn't work as it should: the radar goes fully up or fully down if the axis passes its middle point up or down.  For ex If I set my axis to 75% the radar goes up and it doesn't stop until it's reaches its maximum limit. The Control should rotate freely, it shouldn't be necessary for it to spring back to center in order to stop the radar to move. The radar should move and stop following the axis.

The current behaviour is correct for the IRL F-15 (and F-18 -- it works the way you would like in the F-16 and some others).

10 hours ago, rob10 said:

The current behaviour is correct for the IRL F-15 (and F-18 -- it works the way you would like in the F-16 and some others).

Hello Rob, 

Thank you for your message.

Maybe I am wrong but following Razbam Manual it is pretty clear that the knob is rotary and not self centering.

image.png

In the official F15E Manual is not clear either if it is rotary or self centering. It only mentions "Rotate" and "Elevation RATE Control"... Maybe a real F15E pilot could give us real feedback.

image.png

image.png

I tend to believe that it behaves similiar to the F16 radar elevation because both official manuals mention "ROTATE" but I stand to be corrected.

image.png

Edited by MavOne96

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

It is self-centering, and force sensing in the real bird. As above, the function is correct. 

Ok. Thank you for your message.

Apart from Radar antenna elevation axis there are still issues with assiging these controls for the pilot:

• Nav FLIR Gain and Nav FLIR Level can't be bound at all. They only work with mouse.
  • Tail Flood Lights OFF/DIM/BRT cycle can't be bound at all. They also work only with mouse.