Master Mode to AA when esc button is pressed

skippy12094

Hi everyone.  I normally don't post anything but I've had it up to my eyeballs with this 2.9 release even open beta is doing the same thing.  

here are my specs first off

I5-12600k

32gb ram

RTX2060OC edition

Thrustmaster 16000M Hotas setup (Not the best but it has been working fine for over 2 yrs)

Joystick Gremlin for mappings

VR - Quest 2, remote desktop app and streamer app

using the latest version of DCS and have tried both open beta and release.

OK.  So since this 2.9 has come out, I have had nothing but issues.  As mentioned, I've seen the same issues in both versions. 

I use the hornet exclusively in DCS.  If I go to instant action, run the mission cold and dark and start the mission... Mind you this doesn't matter if I am in VR or not.  Nor does it matter if my joystick gremlin is in control of the mappings or not.  As a matter of fact, I cleared out all the keyboard binds in the controls section and then ran the same mission and had the same result...

If I start the jet, then press esc to go to the briefing for example, the mastermode for A/A turns on and nav is turned off.  As I have mentioned it happens all the time now.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset headsets, wiped-out and rebuilt the joystick gremlin profile and in fact tried it without joystick gremlin and a cleared out set of keyboard bindings and the same issue.... its driving me to drink....  I have a swimming pool business and have winters off... I kill my time flying...  This issue and others are making it almost unflyable.  I don't know what else to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark S.

Try RENAMING your DCS Saved Games file (you'll have to rebind at least the basics that you use) and see if that helps.  It really sounds like a binding issue, but that may be due to a corrupted file which is why you can't get rid of it.  If it doesn't help you can rename it back and not lose anything.

Next culprit would be remove all mods.  And try and do a clean + repair (or validate if you're on STEAM) on your DCS.