Files right, but still won't install

Python1

hello everyone, I'm getting a code 2 error when trying to install. I've read the sticky's and have been following the instructions. I have both the setup.exe and data1.cab in the same folder and am running them under administrator since I'm using Vista 64. I have redownloaded them too, since the threads say code 2 means I either don't have one, or they're not in the same place. Well, I have both of them, and they're both in the same place, can anyone help please?

Where are they at? If they are in a location with a long file name you could try moving them directly to C: just to be sure.

Are you entirely certain that the downloader hasn't done any modification to the file names?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Assuming im remembering right, error 2 means a corrupt file. Try redownloading them from another mirror or verifying the MD5 checksum thingy.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5

There's some links at the bottom there. I am usually lazy and only check such things if and when I run into problems and it was a while ago.

Basically, what it is is a little program to check that a file was downloaded correctly. This is a problem that is getting bigger as files get bigger, since you only need an unnoticed error of a single bit in a ~20 billion bit set of files to run into issues. So the md5 hases has basically analyzed the file and used an algorithm to "add it up", that's the "md5 sum".

If a single thing in the file changes somewhere in the file, the md5 sum would change radically, and you know there is a problem with the file.

Anyhow, code 2 is indeed that it's not even finding the file. Are you certain it has not been re-named? For example, data1.cab needs to have exactly that name, yet some downloaders can do funny stuff like renaming the files if there is a naming problem in the destination folder - whereupon you could get the similar-looking "data1 (1).cab" or something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ok, let's not get carried away, I got it to work, and in case anyone else has the same problem this is what I did. Read the forums, there's a lot of good posts out there. Then I re-downloaded the stuff, made sure it was in the same folder and restarted my computer. Then I hit the exe and was off and running, that simple. NOTE: the first download was from mirror one for both files, didn't work. The second download was from mirror 3 for both files, restarted, everything worked fine, maybe start there if you're having problems.