JTAC without restrictions while Assigning Targets

SloppyDog
Go to solution Solved by buur,

I was making a mission and setting up a group of JTACs and I noticed something: they are no longer bound by distance or Line-Of-Sight restrictions.

Before it was very restricting since the distance could not be longer than 3 nm, and the JTAC had to have a clear line of sight to the assigned target. If not, a warning in orange would appear on the FAC-Engage Group window.  Now, they can mark targets even from behind trees.

Also, JTACs now can see in the dark. Set up a mission with them marking targets at night and now they can see the target and mark it as well.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm finding it very interesting and freeing, allowing for much more creative mission creation.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior? 

Thanks.

• Solution

I know they are working on the JTAC in the background. There are a lot of smaller undocumented changes. If you talk about marking, you refer to smoke marks? Or also mark by laser which should clearly need sight of line.

Ok, checked in ME. What are you describing is only in auto mode. If you choose Laser or WP you already need LOS.