Belouga cluster bombs not releasing bomblets

Plabbs
Go to solution Solved by Plabbs,

I am trying to use the Belouga cluster bomb, but it always just falls off the aircraft without releasing the bomblets.  I can't find anything in the flight manual that would help to explain at what I am doing wrong (I tried to set the fuse to instantaneous and delayed).

I tried at the same time to load a Mk 82 and that one explodes correctly on impact, while the Belouga's just fall harmlessly to the ground.

5 hours ago, Plabbs said:

I am trying to use the Belouga cluster bomb, but it always just falls off the aircraft without releasing the bomblets.  I can't find anything in the flight manual that would help to explain at what I am doing wrong (I tried to set the fuse to instantaneous and delayed).

I tried at the same time to load a Mk 82 and that one explodes correctly on impact, while the Belouga's just fall harmlessly to the ground.

I've tried this and they deploy fine even at vey low altitudes.  Can you provide a track file?

Edited by kontiuka

32 minutes ago, Plabbs said:

Here is a trackfile ...

I took a look and they deploy fine in the track file.  The cluster bombs don't make big explosions.  They spark on impact and create some smoke.  If you press F6, you can watch your weapons deploy.

Also, a tip.  If you want to contact the ground crew, you can also use the intercom button (MKR + TP) in the same column as the green and red radio volumes.  Just saves you from having to open the canopy.

Screen_231228_140842.jpg

Edited by kontiuka
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, kontiuka said:

I took a look and they deploy fine in the track file.  The cluster bombs don't make big explosions.  They spark on impact and create some smoke.  If you press F6, you can watch your weapons deploy.

Also, a tip.  If you want to contact the ground crew, you can also use the intercom button (MKR + TP) in the same column as the green and red radio volumes.  Just saves you from having to open the canopy.

Thank you for assisting me, just knowing that the trackfile was working for you let me know that the problem was on my PC.  After much trial and error I narrowed the problem down to the JAS39 Gripen mod in my saved games/mods/aircraft/, when I deleted that then the Belouga opens up like it is supposed to 😀

And thanks for the intercom tip!

Edited by Plabbs
  • Like 1