I don't know if it's just me, but I'm failing the mission. After I hit the second group of vehicles, in a few seconds I fail. I think there are some soldiers by the bus with Ak-47 who kill it. I have no time to do anything. (Easy refueling)

Edited by Spider64

Hi @Spider64

The soldiers only appear when the vehicles reach the bus. You need to kill the three vehicles before they get to the bus. Do you think this is what is happening?

Hope this helps.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi,

First of all this is a high quality product and I'm definitely going to buy all campaigns from Budger!

Unfortunately, in this mission, as soon as you shoot down the first truck, two soldiers appear close to the pilot and kill him. So, in my opinion, this is a bug. 

Edited by RedLion

Hey @Spider64  @RedLion

You are both correct , just checked it. It is the result of a recent DCS bug. Currently if 'part of group in zone' is used and the unit is killed DCS thinks the unit as reached the zone in question. In this case as soon as vehicle is hit DCS thinks the vehicle has travelled to the end of it's route and the enemy soldiers appear to kill the good guys way ahead of time, not as intended in the mission. ED is aware of this issue which must have impacted a lot of existing missions and hopefully they will fix it for next update.

Just in case I have revised this mission to 'all of group in zone' which does work. This update will be in next DCS update.

Sorry about that, but out of my control

Thanks for the heads up though much appreciated. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Just signed on to see if this was a problem for anyone else. Great to see Badger's all over it!!!

Really enjoying your work.  Finished both Serpent's head campaign and right into this one.  Looking forward to Part 2.

Side Question- Does anyone have any info on whether or not ED will be addressing the awful carrier landing burble effect? It is really taking the enjoyment out of carrier ops with the Hornet for me.  I think it is specific to the F18.  Didn't seem to happen in the F14....

Edited by Stain

Hi @Stain

Best thing to do is raise it on the forum under F18 and bugs. It may or may not be a bug and could be as intended but at least you can make your point to ED. 👍

On 1/8/2024 at 5:19 AM, Stain said:

Side Question- Does anyone have any info on whether or not ED will be addressing the awful carrier landing burble effect? It is really taking the enjoyment out of carrier ops with the Hornet for me.  I think it is specific to the F18.  Didn't seem to happen in the F14....

Hi Stain,

Here is the long story:

The Burble Effect: Superstructure and Flight Deck Effects on Carrier Air Wake (dtic.mil)

In short, you can disable the turbulence in settings... 

On 1/8/2024 at 8:18 AM, Badger633 said:

Hi @Stain

Best thing to do is raise it on the forum under F18 and bugs. It may or may not be a bug and could be as intended but at least you can make your point to ED. 👍

Examine the HAMAS terrorist's tactics, they could jump out the tunnel. 

Edited by RedLion
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks @Damhiz for the kind words. 

@corb Hope you enjoy part 2. 

My next campaign, 'Operation Green Line' is almost complete. 😉👍 

• Like 2