.miz files won't load.

So I think the unfortunate answer is that all my files are just gone for good, but here is the story.

I decided to get into scripting finally and had lots of folders open to quickly delete/modify files every time I kept running into script errors. It was late at night and I accidentally deleted all of my real mission files (which I spent a year working on 😑) instead of the /temp mission files.

I used several data recovery programs to eventually restore all of them, but they all seem to be corrupt in one way or another. Some just run into an error when loading and the others just load in blank. Only one of them (useless one) was restored without issues in ME.

I'll upload a few here but I'm pretty sure they're toast. If anyone has any sort of experience getting such files to work again however, it would be GREATLY appreciated. The AIM-260 file was the only one that restored without issue.

F22_AIM-260 Test.miz Capture Batumi Wave 2.miz Capture Batumi Wave 5.miz

Hi Virpx21,

Did you have the auto save option enabled ? If so, then just open a new blank mission file and open the backup option from the menu on the top. There you might find still the last saved mission file......and open/ load it.

hope this helps.

RWC

20 hours ago, Virpx21 said:

So I think the unfortunate answer is that all my files are just gone for good, but here is the story.

I decided to get into scripting finally and had lots of folders open to quickly delete/modify files every time I kept running into script errors. It was late at night and I accidentally deleted all of my real mission files (which I spent a year working on 😑) instead of the /temp mission files.

I used several data recovery programs to eventually restore all of them, but they all seem to be corrupt in one way or another. Some just run into an error when loading and the others just load in blank. Only one of them (useless one) was restored without issues in ME.

I'll upload a few here but I'm pretty sure they're toast. If anyone has any sort of experience getting such files to work again however, it would be GREATLY appreciated. The AIM-260 file was the only one that restored without issue.

F22_AIM-260 Test.miz 11.4 kB · 1 download Capture Batumi Wave 2.miz 38.97 kB · 2 downloads Capture Batumi Wave 5.miz 277.35 kB · 3 downloads