Where to get a replacement spring for the Orion 1 Base?

Agiel7

One of the springs for my Orion 1 base snapped while in use and while I can disassemble it to replace it I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. I've contacted Winwing customer support and they told me that because the Orion 1 base was EOL they won't be sending me spare springs. Annoyingly when they made this base they opted to use some exotic spring with end loops that go at right angles, with one end that's rectangular and essentially keyed to the cam, so I'm out of luck using even Winwing's spare springs for the Orion 2. Anyone have an idea where I can get a hold of spare springs? 

cSqh61s.png

Well that sucks...

If support won't send one and the Orion 2 ones do not fit I think it will be hard to find a replacement. It is probably easier to find a used Orion 1 base on ebay...

Maybe ask them for a discount on a new Orion 2 base? 

Then again I would totally understand if you wouldn't want to support a company that can't supply spare parts a mere year after something becomes EOL.

Edited by Ishigami

Posted (edited)

Last hope of fixing it is going to a respectable RC Hobby Services shop and seeing if they can get a hold of obscure springs. If not, I'm wondering if the damper from the extensions kit for the Orion 2 is compatible with the Orion 1 base so I can at least turn it into my dedicated rotary-wing base. From the installation manuals the relevant parts look similar, but it might be a matter of getting the right dimensions down to get it to work.

Edited by Agiel7