M04-Sniper crashes on Load

J-man
Go to solution Solved by J-man,

Hi, whenever I try to start the 4th mission "Sniper", the game crashes during loading at the "Sim PostStart" stage.

This happens if I start the mission from the Campaign menu, as a standalone mission or via the mission editor.
In the editor, I can load the mission fine and see all units placed, but when I start the mission, it crashes during Sim PostStart.

I assume this has something to do with initialising an invalid or incorrectly placed JF-17 unit because the crash Log ends on:
"2024-01-07 15:51:45.139 ERROR   WORLDGENERAL (Main): Error: Unit [JF-17]: No cell for property record CREW_1."

Yes, I've already heard about this from other players. In other missions.
Do you have third party modules? This could be a problem.

I double-checked again - the mission is stable. 2 JF-17s are on the apron, in PMC liveries, which are in the root folder of the campaign.
There shouldn't be any problems!

If you do not have third-party unofficial mods, in this case write to DCS technical support

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/support/

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I removed all mods (except for TacView) before reporting this issue.
I´m on the latest OB on Steam and tried to load the mission in both launch options, single and multi-threaded. I should also mention that this is the only mission where I experienced the bug, I can open other missions on the same map with no issues.
I will try deleting the 2 JF-17s parked on the airfield and see if the mission still does not load and report back.

• Thanks 1

6 часов назад, J-man сказал:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I removed all mods (except for TacView) before reporting this issue.
I´m on the latest OB on Steam and tried to load the mission in both launch options, single and multi-threaded. I should also mention that this is the only mission where I experienced the bug, I can open other missions on the same map with no issues.
I will try deleting the 2 JF-17s parked on the airfield and see if the mission still does not load and report back.

Thanks sir!
I can't reproduce this bug.
I will remove these JF-17s in the next OB update

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Do NOT delete the JF-17! I did more testing today, deleting most units in the editor and then launching the mission. By deleting units until it didn´t crash on load, I narrowed it down to the units on the airfield the player starts at. But then, when I thought I found the units that caused the crash, the mission stopped crashing even with the units present!!!

I have no idea why this happens, but the mission works now, even when no changes are made... It crashed yesterday even after restarting my PC, it crashed today unless I delete the units parked on the airfield, but now it just works even if I don't delete any units!

So you don´t have to change anything, this might just be some very weird DCS bug...

Thanks for responding to my bug report in any case.

Edited by J-man

7 часов назад, J-man сказал:

Do NOT delete the JF-17! I did more testing today, deleting most units in the editor and then launching the mission. By deleting units until it didn´t crash on load, I narrowed it down to the units on the airfield the player starts at. But then, when I thought I found the units that caused the crash, the mission stopped crashing even with the units present!!!

I have no idea why this happens, but the mission works now, even when no changes are made... It crashed yesterday even after restarting my PC, it crashed today unless I delete the units parked on the airfield, but now it just works even if I don't delete any units!

So you don´t have to change anything, this might just be some very weird DCS bug...

Thanks for responding to my bug report in any case.

Always glad to help sir! Have a nice game!