Radar Performance

Without dropping tech data doses anyone have any information on the radar performance on this jet. What are the detection ranges, azimuth limits, look down capabilities like. I asked the same question about the 29 and got a great answer. I’m really looking forward to this bird. It’ll be the backbone of any seventies mission, and still be a major player in the 80’s. My understanding is with this MiG you really want to with the BVR fight. I’m curious how much of a tool the radar will be to that end. 

IMG_7027.jpg

Hi alt performance is a bit conservative here according to SME's. As for low alt that's so much you can do with low PRF. Can only be compared to not seeing anything at all with background.

Edited by Кош
  • Like 1

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Hey  Koj. Thx for this interesting diagram. I am curious,besides radar, do you know how does the IRST search/track and lock was designed in the flogger. Was it a circle depicted on the HUD or was it just a tone or a sound ?

Have a good one

Edited by tryphon77

В 12.01.2024 в 19:41, tryphon77 сказал:

Hey  Koj. Thx for this interesting diagram. I am curious,besides radar, do you know how does the IRST search/track and lock was designed in the flogger. Was it a circle depicted on the HUD or was it just a tone or a sound ?

Have a good one

null

From user POV expect similar experience to FC3 Su-27, minus ability to slew sensor FOV and it being mostly co-alt and lookdown because it's mounted below the radar. It's a rotating for azimuth scan and nutating for elevation. Results in a digital raster grid where contacts are pinged with slaved radar for range. Western RWR's at least pre 1990's, maybe even newer, should not pick up those pings.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Older MiG-23MF with a bit less advanced HUD symbology and radar performance:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2