Keybinding while flying, issue......

Reusenfisch

Pilots!

I have problem that bugs me since day one in DCS! I know it might be a first world issue but I would like to get a solution for it.

Here it comes...

I fly DCS in VR only, paired with a TM Warthog. It all works great besides the keybinding. If during flight I see the need to change a keybinding, I press ESC and enter the Adjust control page. I look for the keybinding that I would like to change. Click on the appropriate field, a new menu opens then to press the new key. Here starts the pain!

If the button that I press on the HOTAS is associated with a modifier i.e. ALT, SHIFT, CTRL or other modifier only the modifier is shown in the menu, not other keypresses like letters or number that the HOTAS puts out. Since I don't know all the commands (output from the Warthog) that I programmed with TARGET I have to find my sheet with all the programmed buttons and associated. What a pain. It is not possible to change these inputs on the fly.

Here is my question:

Is it possible to stop the sim, go into the control page, hit the button on the HOTAS, DCS recognises it and continue flying. Since I use multiple layers of buttons allocation (mainly I and O), I can't use only DX only.

Thanx for every hint!

Horrido

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not sure I understand the whole question and I don’t use Target. But yes you can directly assign device buttons within DCS while playing. DCS can assign buttons directly as modifiers also. There’s no need for your controller to emulate key press functions like Alt or Ctrl. Any button can be a modifier. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5