Engine RPM telemetry not showing at low throttle

I use a Butt Kicker with Sim Shaker for aviators with the added sound module to give vibration feedback in my Simpit. After asking about an issue using it with the Spitfire where there is no vibration during startup or idle the Dev for the Sim Shaker told me the telemetry output for the engine RPM doesn't go lower than 1000RPM in the Spitfire, compared to say the P51 for example which goes all the way down to zero RPM.  What that means is that I get vibration feedback of the engine starting up and idling in the P51 but in the Spitfire it needs to be above 1000RPM to give any vibration feedback.  Is there any possibility to fix this?

Edited by FinalGlide

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

If realism is your thing, it's worth knowing that tickover (ground idle) in the Spit means selecting 1,200rpm. You wouldn't leave the engine at idle (throttle against the stop) because that promotes plug fouling.

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

10 hours ago, Skewgear said:

If realism is your thing, it's worth knowing that tickover (ground idle) in the Spit means selecting 1,200rpm. You wouldn't leave the engine at idle (throttle against the stop) because that promotes plug fouling.

While true, the real engine still vibrates below 1200rpm and during startup.

• Thanks 1

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module