Things the Navigator AI can do

Bozon

After playing Reflected’s “V for Victory” campaign I was impressed by the huge difference his scripted navigator made for immersion. The voice really made me feel like I have a crewman with me.

Following that I set up VoiceSttack with voice replies to some of my commands - my “navigator” now operates the undercarriage, flaps, feathers the props, fire extinguishers and arms the bombs on my voice commands and confirms the action by his (rather robotic unfortunately) voice.

Some of that could be easily done by an AI navigator. Now, I don’t mean that it should tell jokes, but keep it practical and “professional” only. Here is a list of some simple actions I would like my AI navigator to be able to do. Whenever it is a non verbal action I would like him to confirm by voice that he performed it.

1. Read out speeds on take off.

2. Call out when fuel in inner/outer tanks reaches 50%, 25%, and 5 gallons left.

3. Upon request estimate flight time left for the current fuel state and engine settings.

4. Call out engine fire when it starts.

5. Warn when I exceed speed limits with undercarriage or flaps extended.

6. Warn if oxygen is low and we are above 10,000 feet.

7. Upon request take a drift reading (while I keep the aircraft stable). Then tell me my ground speed, and what is the course correction to compensate for drift at my current speed.

8. Upon request give heading back to takeoff base.

9. Upon request fire a Very flare (when we get one).

10 Upon request start/stop fuel transfer from the drop tanks.

11. Call out when fuel transfer from the drop tanks has finished.

• Like 5

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!