Having trouble with clouds in missions

I might be doing something wrong because I'm fairly new, but I'm having some trouble with clouds. In particular, the fact that the clouds are covering target areas and I can't see through them, and that the clouds are sitting at only 5,000ft so going under the clouds I'm in great danger.

I am suspecting that this might something with a recent version of DCS, because when I look at youtube videos of others doing the same missions, they don't have these clouds at all. There are a few sporadic poofs at much higher altitudes, but there in those videos the pilots are sitting comfortably at 10-15 thousand feet sniping things with Mavs and JDAMS, but when I do the missions I have to search for breaks in the clouds to even be able to see the enemy.

Can someone confirm please if that is the case and is there some way that I can force the missions to use older clouds?

There is no setting to force old clouds that I am aware of. Though if you open a mission in the ME and set the weather to dynamic, this might revert to the old clouds since dynamic weather isn't updated yet. I'm not totally sure, I've not tried to disable the new clouds.

Though if you're editing missions in the ME you could also just set the skies to clear (or whatever you want) with the new clouds.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files