Newly expanded ram.

lorfar

A few days ago I just expanded the RAM from 16 to 32 GB.

I noticed that with the exact same missions the RAM consumption remained unchanged.

During preload consumption reaches 99%.

Then it drops when the mission is fully loaded.

But the RAM consumption is the same or almost the same compared to the 16 GB configuration.

In task manager DCS Open Beta occupies approximately 12 GB but the percentage is 80% on 32 GB.

How is it possible?

The 2 banks of ram are installed correctly.

ScreenShot_20240214092435.png

Edited by lorfar

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you upload a screenshot of your TaskMan when it reaches 80% mem usage? P.S.: Resource monitor (Win+R resmon) is more reliable.

BTW, I've also noticed that RAM usage was the same after upgrading to 64GB, well, until it required more RAM and there was no need to use the pagefile.

I7-12700F, 64GB DDR4 3600 (XMP1), Asus Z670M, MSI RTX 3070, TIR 5, TM WH VPC base, Win10 Pro

Is it a MSI laptop? The memory sticks are of the same manufacturer and model and both RAM sticks are visible in BIOS?

Maybe you can find a solution here: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/usable-memory-same-after-ram-upgrade.11578/

I7-12700F, 64GB DDR4 3600 (XMP1), Asus Z670M, MSI RTX 3070, TIR 5, TM WH VPC base, Win10 Pro

33 minuti fa, BJ55 ha scritto:

Is it a MSI laptop? The memory sticks are of the same manufacturer and model and both RAM sticks are visible in BIOS?

Maybe you can find a solution here: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/usable-memory-same-after-ram-upgrade.11578/

It's a MSI laptop. Pulse GL76 11UEK IT

Yes sticks are same manufacturer.

Here bellow the Bios screenshot

IMG_20240214_112641.jpg

Edited by lorfar

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

57 minuti fa, BJ55 ha scritto:

I think the problem is different in my case.

Hardware reserved memory is 299 mb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your laptop can handle 64GB of RAM, so it's not a hardware limit. ASC shows 4GB usage, TM processes shows 14GB usage or 73%... Could it simply be another Win11 bug? Task manager (and sensor monitor) had plenty of them in the past. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/performance/task-manager-display-incorrect-memory-info

You could try the memory diagnostic tool, just to exclude the chance of a faulty RAM, then run resmon, start DCS, change some settings in order to use more memory and see wat that happens.

I launch memory diagnostic tool. It's haven't found no problem.

I launch resmon.

I raised some option in DCS OB. I raised the preload setting and the anisotropic filter from 4 to 16.

I launch a game in multiplayer

Here bellow the result

ScreenShot_20240214141322.png

ScreenShot_20240214142032.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows bug confirmed! Yes, with the actual DCS memory usage 32GB is the minimum required, you can set a bigger pagefile size to prevent memory exaustion (with 32GB you can set "impostazione personalizzata" 32768-32768) and lower your DCS setting until it runs smooth.

Ok thanks!

I already set pagefile 32768-32768 mb

With the previous configuration I have 130 fps and ram doesn't exceded 99%, but not 100%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

A few days ago I returned the 32 Gb kit to Amazon and purchased a 64 Gb Crucial kit.

Now DCS works better and the percentage of RAM occupied is lower than when I had 32 and 16 GB installed.

There was practically no difference between 16 GB and 32 GB, but now DCS performs much better in terms of the percentage of RAM occupied.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]