Game Not Working Right

Herk
Go to solution Solved by Herk,

7 hours ago, rob10 said:

Try doing a repair.  It may have deleted or quarantined a file from DCS.  Doing a slow repair should find and replace it if that's the case.

This - imgui.dll should be in the bin and bin-mt folders for the install

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Reinstalling DCS as a safe measure. I Think it doesn't like uBlock. Now how do I get my logbook and inputs and settings back? I saved them from before the update, but they don't seem to integrate with it.

Reinstalling isn't going to help if the anti-virus software is still blocking the file. Your error message almost always means that the anti-virus has quarantined the file in question. And reinstalling isn't needed in the first place. A slow repair downloads and reinstalls any missing or corrupted files without a need to download and reinstall everything. So you need to add an exception for the file to your anti-virus and then do a repair.

In my experience you actually need two exceptions for each file caught by the anti-virus. The first would be for the temporary file in a downloads folder. The second would be for the final installation location. You should be able to get the details by looking at logs from the antivirus, which should report what was blocked and where.

You also said that you are having trouble reintegrating your logbook and input settings. I can only speculate about that. Possibly the merge of stable and openbeta means that a new installation is using a different saved games folder than before.

Edited by sthompson
  • Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You might need to looks at Windows Defender settings.  Now that you've removed U-Block it will be automatically active and could be causing problems.  And like sthompson said, in DCS a repair will do everything a full reinstall will do in 99.99% of cases.

• Like 2