Throttle/RPM interconnect questions

Hello P-47 pilots!

I checked the manual and Chuck's guide, but except for mentions, there is nothing specific about this interconnect. I was just curious, when is it used, how, etc. This also led me to this Il-2 thread and comment: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/71432-p-47d-interconnect-throttle-and-prop-controls-onoff-lsht-i/

This would suggest that DCS's both-way lock between these two is... different at least if not wrong(?). Is it a variant? To me the pitch-control and throttle together don't make sense (but I'm pretty new to all the propeller stuff and still amazed by how different the planes can be). One way protection to avoid RPM under throttle makes sense though.

So the two questions - is it really a both ways lock? And: How and when is it used?

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Propeller control should have only one way lock.

Výstřižek.JPG

• Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |