Communication Issue

Comms only work once and only when on the ground. Here's how I have my comms setup,

Set in ME for Airfield I'm on, Freq/Channel, Key Binds for comm menu/ (comm1/ comm2) Bind. However when attempting to contact ATC for startup/taxi clearance I get no response Radio are set to correct Freq for the field I'm on, also cannot get ATC for inbound clearance. F18'S and F15E so far. I do have mods installed but these are mods I've had installed for years. Except for Bandit/CJS Honet.  Thanks TC

Publication1.pdf

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Just checking the obvious because I have forgotten to do this before - have you set the airfield to be part of the same coalition as your plane?

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If hornblower793's solution isn't it, I would start by trying it with ALL mods removed.  They can interact in weird ways and affect things you would think they should have nothing to do with.

And please post a track or else anyone trying to help is swinging blindly at a pinata hoping they maybe hit eventually.

all mods removed still no comms except starting to taxi ATC will without me doing anything clear me to taxi to runway, can't report inbound or request heading.  Thinking maybe I need to do a repair.TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Please post a track.  That's the best way for people to help you, and if it (not likely) happened to be a DCS issue ED is going to want one before they look at it.  It's quite possible if you post a track someone can instantly solve your issue.

Posted (edited)

Here's a track.  If I just start to Taxi, ACT tells me I'm cleared to taxi to Rwy#. If I use easy comms Everything works. Are there any instructions/tutorials on setting up comms? TC

comm_trouble.trk

Edited by too-cool
complete