Triggers: Unit Type is Client; Player in Zone?

Snacko

I have a mission with several different aircraft that are client, so the user can pick one and fly.  

I have some triggers that set the XCockpit switches in the FA18, and plan on doing the same for other aircraft.  So, I need to differenciate between aircraft that the user is flying, and the type of aircraft.

The only thing that I could think of was to put a zone around the aircrafts on a runway or carrier.  And do a trigger..   But there is no condition like 'Unit Type is client' or 'Player is in Zone'.   

Any ideas on how to do this??

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

1 hour ago, Snacko said:

But there is no condition like 'Unit Type is client' or 'Player is in Zone'.   

Unfortunately, DCS (currently) has no concept of a player in the game; that is only an attribute of a plane. In your case, though, you can get around this since these x-commands are highly type specific (and I don't know if they work in multiplayer at all). So since you know which planes are client/player planes, and you know their type and which is their unit, you can go the old 'unit in zone' route. 

And yes, it would be great if there were 

a) a standardized player API

b) a standardized cockpit command API

We can only dream...

Edited by cfrag