Control Link Damage doesn't affect FFB spring forces

I've recently got my hands on a VPForce Rhino base, it adds so much immersion to the game just out of the box, and the Telemetry software adds effects which DCS doesn't simulate like feedback for gun fire, weapons release and many other features.

The spring force is controlled by the DCS FFB simulation, increasing and decreasing with speed which works great.

Once in a while after getting hit in a warbird, i get what i think is control link damage.

Moving the stick around the center has no effect on the affected control surface until a certain amount of deflection is reached, but the centering forces are still active, making it difficult to find the useful area of stick deflection.

I don't have any sources for this, but just going by logic I'm thinking there should be no centering forces in the scenario i described, right? The stick would just flop around for some amount of travel and then hit resistance if it is still engaging the damaged control mechanism somehow.

Are there values specifying the amount of play a damaged control surface has? I guess the VPForce Telemetry software could read those to simulate such an effect.

Since the spring force is controlled by DCS though it might be easier to implement the effect into the DCS FFB simulation.

• Like 1