Easy Comms / Instant Select / Awaiting additional...

RickJamesBish

SOLUTION: Removed , reinstalled and set up again. Worked as expected.

Trying to help someone out with their VAICOM but they use the Easy Comms and Instant Select, which I am not familiar with. I looked at all of his settings in Voice Attack and VAICOM and they seem correct. Easy Comms is enabled in his DCS. Log shows the command is recognized, for example "place the wheelchocks", but then it goes to "awaiting additional input" and nothing happens. Issuing the same command via F keys works.  We have also confirmed and manually tuned to the appropriate frequency. I personally do not get the "captured sentence" in my log file. Mine show recognized command and then the response.

Any help appreciated.

image.png

Edited by RickJamesBish

Trying to help someone out with their VAICOM but they use the Easy Comms and Instant Select, which I am not familiar with. I looked at all of his settings in Voice Attack and VAICOM and they seem correct. Easy Comms is enabled in his DCS. Log shows the command is recognized, for example "place the wheelchocks", but then it goes to "awaiting additional input" and nothing happens. Issuing the same command via F keys works.  We have also confirmed and manually tuned to the appropriate frequency. I personally do not get the "captured sentence" in my log file. Mine show recognized command and then the response.
Any help appreciated.
image.png.745a4b2f0a9136274d203c7f00cc47be.png
That's ground comms, no frequency required if they use TX5 or have the canopy open. How long are they they waiting between "Chief" and "place..."
Not related, but WHY on earth are they still using "Easy Comms", when it's so easy to change frequencies with VAICOM? Do they know that Easy Comms are soon to be depricated? Probably would've been already, if it wasn't for FC3 modules.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

That's ground comms, no frequency required if they use TX5 or have the canopy open. How long are they they waiting between "Chief" and "place..."
Not related, but WHY on earth are they still using "Easy Comms", when it's so easy to change frequencies with VAICOM? Do they know that Easy Comms are soon to be depricated? Probably would've been already, if it wasn't for FC3 modules.
Cheers!

I was using that as an example but they are still not responding. The same applies to all entities, even when manually tuning to their frequency. He is waiting about 2 to 3 seconds between.

I was using that as an example but they are still not responding. The same applies to all entities, even when manually tuning to their frequency. He is waiting about 2 to 3 seconds between.
I see. That might be too long actually. I'm using VSPX myself because it works so much better for me. Can just quickly issue commands in one go. Are confirmation beeps on? After the beep one should immediately issue the additional part when not using VSPX.
Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions. He ended up uninstalling and starting over. Went through the same process and it worked. Something just got jacked up along the way but its working now so all is good.
That's awesome! Do tell that Easy Comms will be gone!