AWACS module for the DCS

bies

I propose an AWACS/GCI module, with reasonably realistically recreated legacy E-2, A-50, E-3, some NATO and WarPac EW radar.

With their basic limitations, radar rotation time, radar resolution with range, merges, IFF, symultaneous tracks limit, terrain masking, ground clutter and weather filtering etc. Just like current DCS modules do. Not a strictly classified modern one, just a legacy platforms.

Something like 2001 F-22 TAW AWACS, but more ambitious. It would add a lot to the overall experience, realism and it would be a ton of fun coordinating an air combat in reasonably realistic AWACS with its basic limitations and capabilities etc.

Fjw5ChMEcNlOGIXectalciy9ADCw85Ra4RrPRzPs.jpg

• Like 1

How do you envision this would work? CA but instead of controlling ground AI you're gonna control AI aircraft? How would this be implemented in MP? 

The idea is neat though, would love to see it/something similar, I just don't see a good way to implement it.

Flogger when?

F-16 best

1312647218gh.jpg

Are you looking for it as a flight sim — i.e. its main focus is driving and E-whatever around and fiddling with the knobs in the back is a subset of that — or more as a gameplay component, where the plane itself is mostly accidental and the sensors and comms are the the stars of the show?

The former runs the risk of running headlong into the secrecy roadblock since these systems tend to be pretty darn sensitive from a strategic perspective. If it's more the latter, I'm guessing that you're familiar with LotATC and the (MP) gameplay it offers, and I'm wondering what in all of that you envision that such a module would offer compared to the more general “airspace control” offering of that software? What would you include and what would you cut out? Or is there something you'd add on top because LotATC doesn't offer it (I mean, aside from being a integrated part of DCS as opposed to an external third-party program)? Would it be MP only, or are you envisioning CA integration where you get more/better control over AI assets than AI currently provides?

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧