Options/System screen has Changed.

Good day,

I am trying to set up a 3 monitor display but the Options/System page has changed on my system, There is not option to choose 5760x1080. I have several options, but they go from 1920x1080 directly to 9600x1080 then 9600x2160.

My screen does not look the same as others I see on the web. Screen shot attached

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hal

Screenshot 2024-04-09 163451.jpg

Edited by PEIRascal
Changes 4 monitor to 3 monitor. It was a typo.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:40 PM, PEIRascal said:

Good day,

I am trying to set up a 4 monitor display but the Options/System page has changed on my system, There is not option to choose 5760x1080. I have several options, but they go from 1920x1080 directly to 9600x1080 then 9600x2160.

My screen does not look the same as others I see on the web. Screen shot attached

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hal

Screenshot 2024-04-09 163451.jpg

For custom resolutions, you can just type it in the box.

• Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Posted (edited)

MadKreator,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. I never thought of typing in the resolution.

Hal

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. In the system display setting I have 4 monitors attached. They are numbered, from left to right, as 1,3,4,2. Number 1 is my UHD TV that is only used to view movies and sports that I stream. It's resolution is set to 3840x2160.

When I open DCS, it opens on my center monitor (#4) like normal. When I tried your suggestion DCS opened on the UHD TV even though it was not turned on. It was only showing on the top right part of the TV at 1920x1080. Very small. Also behind me when at the computer. I managed to get it set back to 1 monitor and 1920x1080 and exit but it was a challenge. Restarting it opened on my center monitor again as before.

I used to be able to get the monitors set as in the attached a few years ago, but I do not have the same options screen since one of the updates. The picture shows it was not perfect, but it was functional.

My hardware:

Alienware  R13

I7 12700KF

16G DDR5 @ 4400MHz

GeForce RTX 3080ti

1T NVMe system drive

2T NVMe apps drive

2 X 1T SSD

Monitors - 3 X 24" HD

TV - UHD Samsung 43"

HalDCSF18.jpg

Edited by PEIRascal
Updating the reply with new info.

41 minutes ago, PEIRascal said:

MadKreator,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. I never thought of typing in the resolution.

Hal

No problem! I did the exact same thing when I set up multi-monitors the first time.  😁

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

32 minutes ago, PEIRascal said:

MadKreator,

I have updated my previous reply.

Hal

Oh I see… So I have always had an issue trying to exclude a monitor on the far left from the dcs screenspace.  You will probably need to pick the monitor type- 3 screen, but you will probably have to do some manual editing of the monitor setup file. That’s going to go a bit beyond me since I’ve never setup a monitor file for  triple screens… I know quite a few people do it but I think the tricky part will be trying to exclude the TV from DCS’s screenspace, so you can use it for other things. There are a couple guides on setting up multi-monitors on the forum ( bugs and problems—>multi-display bugs thread). You might get a few answers searching through that section. Sorry I can’t be of much help. I’ve just never done it.

Although maybe inconvenient for mouse movement, in windows you could try moving your tv to the right side of your other monitors, that way the dcs UI isn’t trying to start at the top left of your tv ( coordinate 0,0) where dcs expects its screenspace to start. This would essentially make you far left triple the starting point as DCS expects, and your resolution width would stop before your tv, leaving it open for other uses. I still believe you want to select 3 screen in the monitor type, unless you have the three setup in Nvidia Surround, to act as a single screen.

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

I can easily move the TV to the far-right position without any amount of trouble. Another thing I never really considered. The TV doesn't care where the computer thinks it is. 

I tried the surround thing but it does not work with the auto hidden task bar. Could not get a click at the bottom of the screen.

I run Microsoft 2020, FSX. ATS, ETS. I use 2 computers for the sims when streaming. Attached is my living room cockpit.

Thanks for your assistance. You have been a great help.

Hal

cockpit001.jpg