M1 Bullseye error? also had to double lase.

Go to solution Solved by Badger633,

Got to the bit of the mission where you need to go investigate an unknown surface contact. Position was reported as about 118nm from bullseye. I couldn't find bullseye position on the kneeboard or briefing so used the one you see on the F10 map. This was set at Bandar Al Assad, I think, which put the target somewhere south east of Akrotiri. This didn't seem right so I used Sea Radar to scan around the Abe and found the two targets about 250nm from bullseye.

Rest of the mission worked fine but some of the voice over triggers tried to speak over each other. I also got the double 'laze now' trigger others have mentioned (I had to release the first 'pickle' and quickly reselect it to get the 'keep holding' voice over but all 4 bombs hit their targets as planned. Mission finished with 100% results score.

• Solution

Hi @Chattytumbler

The bullseye for all the missions is in the brief(pdf), brief in game, the initial message you get and also in the Kneeboards. On the kneeboard have a look at the top line of the flight plan, bullseye is given there with BRC of carriers and start time, it is WP2. In fact there is also a B set against the WP2 entry for the flight plan. 
Aware of the double laze issue. For some reason some people are getting a delay which gives the second prompt and some people’s triggers are not picked up at all which causes a fail. At a loss why that should be the case only difference is peoples stick and computers. Never had an issue this end and in testing.  So have changed this as it is just not reliable enough. Also aware of the voice issue. Both have been fixed and will be out in next update. 
Hope this helps.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Posted (edited)

@Chattytumbler

No problem enjoy the campaign 🙂👍

Edited by Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the B/E WP is indicated on kneeboard (and I saw it when reading the brief etc), but is there a gameplay reason to NOT put the F10 map B/E at the actual B/E location?  I normally set B/E as WP 59 which matches the F10 map B/E location and didn't realize that it wasn't on the mission B/E location until I couldn't find the ships and pulled up the F10 map and noticed B/E indicated was nowhere near where it should be.

Hi @rob10 No reason apart from, beings its an exercise they decided to locate it at a known point WP2, the airbase. I will look at the f10 B/E and change. In the campaign just follow the ones on the kneeboard. 🙂👍

3 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi @rob10 No reason apart from, beings its an exercise they decided to locate it at a known point WP2, the airbase. I will look at the f10 B/E and change. In the campaign just follow the ones on the kneeboard. 🙂👍

Thanks.  I realize it's a small thing, but having the bullseye on the map match the bullseye actually used in the missions (even if it's the same as a WP) can prevent confusion.

• Like 1