Another great Campaign!

So, last night I've finished OGL.

Even if maybe a bit less kinetic or hard of the two OSH or ROPL, I really like this other work @Badger633.

Fortunately I don't had issue apart the M01 lazing that , fortunately, was promptly solved in the last patch. If there was some difficult were only strictly personal : not a eagle sight and  hardware ( a relatively small screen and a not stellar Hotas) that caused to repeat dome times both mission 7 Interlopers and in mission 12 Friends United; mission 7 difficult was tied at my TFlight Hotas, with which using IR Mavs is a bit "cumbersome", with continous switch of SOI that on my part mean use some different modifiers buttons with the risk of forget to deactivate one and lose the fire opportunity,.

For mission 12 is only a bit tricky see the laser beam, I'd to close down too much with the resul in a pair of try to be hitted,

But these are very personal problem that , I'm sure, will not preclude enjoy the Campaign for other virtual pilots

Thanks for all your works and hope to see some other Hornet love ASAP

P.S. Only an eye candy, I'm pretty sure IAF Barak ( Vipers) don't mount wingtips AMRAAM, don't think that are used by Israeli's AFAIK only the Sufas are wired for the missiles, but repeat only for eye candys on this Campaign, thanks again

Screen_240618_153824.jpg

Edited by Kurnass1977
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Kurnass1977

Glad you enjoyed. 

Getting the difficulty balance is always a difficult one. What is enjoyable for one is to easy for another and possibly to difficult to the point of frustration for another. That is why I added selectable difficulty levels in a number of the missions, 8 to 12. (Difficulty also varies dependent on EDs latest AI update 😉) In the last update I added a selectable difficulty to missions 3 and 4 as well.  Also the action needs to follow the story line as well. 
in the next update have worked on the AI in missions 8 and 9. 

Did you try all missions on ACE?

Yes spotting the IR laser with your gogs currently in DCS is very much dependent on your monitor or VR headset. It used to be much more pronounced in DCS. 

Cheers

Badger

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I played the Campaign basically at Veteran level, but ( in error) I flown a couple of misson at Ace level, but honestly don't remember which.

Think the Campaign is well balanced and don't encountered great difficult as said, will try the Ace mission next!

@Kurnass1977 Yes it’s not always the AI ability but how erratic the Turkish fly in mission 3 or the visibility of the insurgents in 4.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost through with OGL myself and I would also like to thank you for the many hours of entertainment I had with this one 🙂. Great job, keep the campaigns coming!

Maybe one suggestion regarding difficulty: A2A with AIM-120's vs. MiG-29A's with R-27R's is like shooting fish in a barrel even on ace difficulty. You could replace some of the 4-ship MiG-29A's engagements with 2-ship MiG-29S's or Su-30's with R-77's? Not sure of the Syrian's have these but for story sake the Russians could have donated them 🙂

Hi @Gasalon

Thanks for the kind words and glad you are enjoying the campaign. 🙂👍

Will give your suggestion some thought. Careful what you wish for ….. 😉