AH-64D Desert Strike training mission. Two JTAC (CTLD-mist), ATIS and radio are included.

I've been doing this mission for half a year. As a result, I made two missions, because I really like helicopters in DCS! One for the AH-64D, the second for the Mi-24P. Link to the mission for the Mi-24P

The missions are different. In the mission for the Mi-24, JTAC highlights targets with smoke, because the Mi-24 does not have a laser, and there is no smoke in the mission for the AH-64D. They also start in different places and the enemy's equipment is slightly different.

This mission uses the real weather in Creech that day, there are ATIS, some phrases on the radio, a lot of random triggers so that the mission always goes differently. The Nellis base was made from satellite photos, an additional Dallas farp for recharging, static on the Creech base and much more. The routes of civil aircraft on the F-10 map are taken from Jeppesen. As I found out from talking with other players, especially not from the USA, not everyone looking at the map can imagine which way Los Angeles or San Francisco is. Chicago is even more difficult.)

I made a motorized rifle company in the offensive based on a picture from a book. Initially,

I needed a quick training mission. When an update comes out, I usually watch Matt Wagner videos and try new ones. Last fall, I needed a mission to train LST and LRFD. For example, in order for JTAC to highlight a target, I quickly deployed TADS in automatic mode towards a moving target, but attacked it with LRFD. There are a lot of options in this helicopter for how to destroy targets.You need to be able to use all of them. I made two JTACs using CTLD-mist. One is on the ground with the code 1688, the other is in the air with the code 1687. They transmit coordinates that can be quickly entered into the TSD and a tank will be drawn on the map, for example, or just press a button and TADS will turn to the target. It is also convenient to train missiles using FCR.

P.S. In my youth, around the mid-1990s, I played Desert Strike and LHX Attack Chopper on Sega. I have added some of these games to the scenario of this mission.) How it turned out, you can judge. Many thanks to Matt Wagner for his educational videos on the YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/@MattWagner

AH-64D Nevada Training REL.7z

null

image.jpeg

A motorized rifle company reinforced by a tank platoon on the offensive.jpg

F-10.jpg

Creech.jpg

Radio.jpg

nullnullnullnull

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg