VKB impressions

For anyone interested.  I recently upgraded from my TM 16000M.  I had a TM16000 for about two years and the TDC axis began to drift, I believe because of continually pushing the TDC depress button.  I dampened the drift with the curvatures and remapped the TDC depress button which worked for a little while, but eventually the axis drift made the game unplayable.  I bought a new TM16000M to replace the old one...because I'm cheap and was relatively happy with the first.  The new one came with the same TDC axis drift problem right out of the box!  So I did a lot of research (forum and you tube) and decided to buy the VKB standard and Gladiator flight stick.  I went with VKB standard because it comes with extra buttons in case any wear out.  You can also reconfigure the stick and throttle if you don't like the placement of the buttons.  I've only been using it about 3 months now but am very impressed with the quality and functionality.  It's kind of mid range from a price perspective but it's the only one that I could find that comes with extra interchangeable buttons.  I still have to set up detents for my jet fighters, and am relearning most of my aircraft due to my new mapping, but I am loving the VKB solution.  I contemplated a second Gladiator flight stick instead of a Throttle because you can lock the horizontal axis on the Gladiator and use it as a throttle, but I am glad I went with the VKB Standard throttle as it has a whole lot more functionality.  If I was just flying choppers and warbirds I think I would consider two Gladiator flight sticks.  Is anyone else using that configuration?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of VKB Gladiator NXT Evos, left is in the Omni config. I mainly use them for Star Citizen, but I did try the Omni as a collective with the X axis locked. I wasn’t that impressed. I feel like you’re also talking about the VKB STECS standard throttle, I have the Mini Plus and really like it. I didn’t need the button box the standard comes with as I have an SEM THQ and a FSM-GA. I did get the extra throttle detents and buttons, which has come in handy, the STECS overall is great. I just wish it had more three way buttons which would help with recreating the China/boat switches on the A10 throttle. I think what really sets VKB apart besides pricing is their software, you can make their devices do just about anything. Their Discord is super active with the programming gurus, so it’s not hard to get answers.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16 core 4.2Ghz, AsRock X670E Steel Legend, 64Gb DDR5-6600, MSI RX7900 XTX, 512Gb M2 SSD OS, MP600 4TB M2 SSD, x2 Gigabyte 32” MQ32QC, VKB STECS Mini Plus/ SEM/THQ/GSM/Gunfighter IV/MCE Ultimate/200mm Ext, WinWing Orion 2/18 Grip/16 Grip/PTO2, Quest 3.