Scenery Tools available! [Old / For FC2]

amalahama

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that happens when a pixel or a few pixels are the wrong color. since pixel color determines height, a bad color = anomaly

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I would just export it as whatever the default native resolution is, and do a batch resize in photo to get your desired size. That is what i did

Agreed, why waste pixels? Export the full resolution and you'll at least have it for the future.

Yeah i generally zoom in the UI and use Current Screen Pixel Size, It's always overkill, so resizing improves the texture.

That wasn't my issue, it was the odd X and Y co-ordinates, which turned out to be just the X co-ordinates on both Axis.

I've spent the best part of today with these cratered DEMS I can't come up with an easy fix, I guess the reason they are free is because they are unusable in production.

I give up, 90m STRM is has to be. I have 60 cells to fix, the workload on terrain is enough without this extra hassle.

I retire defeated :(

for me, the worst as been a single vertex that just needs to be raised or lowered. sometimes a few joining verts. how many verts are affected?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

how many verts are affected?

Way too many

Here is the nasty 30m res

dem1o.jpg

And here is the same with SRTM 90

dem2.jpg

I see what Ducky meant about the river edges, the ASTER DEMS are just going to create far too many problems to fix.

I've just noticed when I'm low level flying 100ft above the ground my altimeter is displaying +4000, I'm wondering If I've goofed up somewhere along the creation / scale process or this can be easily fixed.?

Hm, good catch! I'm interested in the answer to that one as well, for future reference.

I think I might have figured this one out too, when you apply the displace modifier the mesh jumps up.

I'm not sure by how much but maybe it explains the 4000 meters on the altimeter.

from the WIKI:

Use parameter Strength to adjust displacement. 75000m. The template will already be at -98 meters, leave this setting.
What does the -98m mean? my mesh is zeroed out on the z axis when I open the Hi Res Template.

Yup seems to be the case, Here I re-aligned 4 tiles to the helpers

centeredpivotaligned.jpg

Here I am at the edge of the un-altered pivot 4075m

screenshot045k.jpg

And here I am flying on the centered section -495, goin underground biggrin.gif

screenshot046h.jpg

That's the issue, I'm not sure what the correct pivot placement is.

Is this an error in the High-res template ?

thanks

spooks

I came across a new feature in Global Mapper 12 that lets you make a grid of features and afer playing with it for a while, I think it's precise enough for exporting. I threw a quick tutorial together.

If you pro's could check it out and let me know if it's good/precise enough for terrain making. It takes all the hassle out of exporting :smilewink:

Exporting Using Grid of Areas.rar

Vertex, polygons number for this 40km×40km terrain ?

Pretty much irrelevant at this time, this is just a single cell as I learn the trade :D

My current issue is the settings in the template and how they affect the altitude in the game, but I think I may have fixed, I'm running a test.

Did you look at the Global Mapper Tutorial?...is this method ok to use on terrain with out breaking anything? It seems to work fine for me.

If all is ok I will refine it and post a full version.

thanks

I'm now at the stage were I'm using boolean to cut out the shape of a lake, and I'm getting my first errors when exporting.

It would help if someone could tell me how to fix them, they are covered briefly in the wiki, but it doesn't say what causes them.

Can someone expand on what I need to do.

thanks

just to correct these errors. It is inevitable

Thanks Almazi, but it doesn't tell me what the errors are.

For example:

After you perform the boolean operation on the terrain mesh, it can cause errors in the mesh, these are _ _ _ _ _, _ _ _ _ _, and _ _ _ _ _.

When you export ground terrain containing water features, make sure there are no _ _ _ _ _ _ _ vertices.

Also check there are no _ _ _ _ _ _ edges.

For vertice problems you need to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ before exporting.

For edge issues you need to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ before exporting.

C'mon guy's give me a clue, those "in-house" documents masquerading as tutorials on the wiki have lots of gaps :smilewink:

Please fill in the blanks.

thanks

I'm getting an error when exporting my shoreline

errorrx.jpg

But when I ChekError in the Editor it tells me there are no errors.

I linked the shoreline to the terrain dummy, If I break the link it exports fine.

Only my, shoreline doesn't show up in game.

Do additional objects need to be linked to a dummy ?

thanks

Edited by spooks2k1